04 September 2008

Brief update

After going AWOL on my blog for a while I decided it was about time to peek back in and get some updates posted. There was a brief upset with the link from DC.com to the blog but thanks to Carinus that was quickly put right again.
As for actual news from my side, after a lot of fabulous one day races in August I ended up getting sick right before Giro Valle d'Aosta, my seasons goal... I just had a nasty cold and cough. But with all of my power gone and only 36 hours before the start we made the decision to give Lukas my spot and I took a step back. Irritating to say the least but there was nothing else to do.
Needless to say I was healthy pretty soon so Konrad and I set about putting in some good riding to get over the pain of being left behind and making hay while the sun shines!
 
Now the hay making is over as the bad Cape Town weather has spread to this part of the world and we have a wet week ahead of us.
 
That's broken up by a little trip to Rome for Trofeo Morucci on Sunday. Got sixth last year and loved the course. Interesting times!

No comments: